Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TEXAS STATE FAIR


We have lived here in Texas for almost 8 years now and can you believe we have never made it to the state fair?! So this year we finally did it. This is no rinky dink fair now, it is the largest state fair of all I think. Tons of crazy rides and games, and lots of funny shows and things to see. We took the kids out of school early and headed to see what everything is all about. I would venture to say it was very much about the fried food. We even tried a fried snickers, and the kids were introduced to their 1st funnel cake! Paisley's favorite was a giant turkey leg on a stick. Somehow I even got talked into going on a crazy spinning ride and was glad it was out last thing because I felt sick for over and hour afterwards, but man was it fun! I wanted to take pictures of all of it, but my battery died halfway through the day. I should have charged it. We watched a bird show, dancing dogs, baby pig races, and a stunt show! Here is a little sampling of our day.





Big Tex says Luke is tall enough to ride :) !!!!

Scott feeling a bit off balance after Phoebe takes him on a crazy, fast ride. She was smiling the whole time. I don't know where this girl gets all her thrillseeking from, but she sure LOVES it.

The ride of choice- motorcycles



The Nerveless Nocks






8 comments:

-Melissa- said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day at the fair. We took the boys last year. There is so much to see and do. We liked the auto show.

Mommymita said...

I love state fairs - my parents took all us every year. The only problem was having to share all the food. We would take a bit of something and pass it on. We loved the turkey legs and funnel cakes.

hoLLy said...

we haven't been yet. its on our to-do list! if not this year, then definitely next. it looks like so much fun. and i should totally go seeing as that i am 100% Texan. geesh, what kind of a Texan am i anyways? :)

The Little's said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys went...I mean you should after 8 years! Those rides look like fun...our kids would get along great...I get sick while they beg for more!

the 4 of us said...

I love fairs! I think our equivalent in NZ is carnivals? maybe Gala days..but they are so much fun, i didnt know you guys were in Texas!! Konrad is dying to come up and see his beloved cowboys play but didnt know anyone there :) What beautiful children you both have! Loving Phoebes denim capri's by the way ;)

Wendy said...

One of these years we will have to go, it looks like a lot of fun!

Mary said...

We missed Bix Tex this year! Going to the state fair every year has cured David of ever wanting to eat cotton candy or fried food!

Emily said...

We love the fair, but sadly missed it this year because we had so many other things planned. It looks like it was a good year.

Did you see the bird show? That was my FAVORITE!