Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sleep? What's That?

Paisley has been doing awesome I must say! She has only woken up twice and that was at like 5 a.m. so I am totally counting that as sleeping through the night. I think I may be on the mend with her, yay. On the otherhand I may be seriously cursed for some reason to not actually get to sleep multiple nights EVER. Now it is the best dog ever who whines at me to go let her out. WHAT?! She may loose her best dog ever status if this keeps up. Only she is getting SERIOUSLY old and probably has bladder control issues that go along with that. So I feel bad for her and get up to let her out. Then I lay on the couch and fall asleep there for a few minutes (or however long she wants, I mean obviously I am not in charge here anymore) until she scratches at the door to be let back in. Part of me just thinks she is bored and likes to go out in the early a.m. since that is the only time it is not BLAZING hot. She has me trained so well.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I think there is some unwritten law that if you haven't slept for a week (or a year in your case) and your kid finally sleeps through the night - you won't be sleeping. There will be a fire-alarm, someone's car honking, thunder, your dog, your other kids, or you'll just randomly wake up at 2 for no reason at all. I hope the magical sleeping fairies visit tonight. You deserve a great night's sleep!

becki said...

well, it's 6:13 and i was awake at 4:45am. this makes 3 days in a row that i've been up before the sun and i don't like it.
get BDE a diaper, and take some unisom! good luck.

hoLLy said...

so sorry for the lack of sleep:( i hate being tired, it makes me so cranky and horrible. hope things get better for you! you deserve a good nights rest you mother of four you! i can't wait to join the ranks in 8 months:)

Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...

Kia!! I'm sorry about the bladder control. Sounds like no fun for anyone :(

Mary Perriton said...

Poor you, and poor Kia. She really is the best dog I have ever known! Maybe you will have to install a doggie door! Luke would have fun with that, too. Love, Mom

Sarah said...

oh, that's horrible! katie is right, though - it seems like it's always something, right? hopefully paisley will keep at the good sleeping, and you'll get some nights off with the dog! :)