Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cursed?

I have decided that I am forever and ever going to be denied a full nights sleep. Over the last weekend I finally decided to let Paisley cry it out in her middle of the night wake ups. Most of the time she would do the whimpy cry thing for a little while and then go back to sleep, but if she woke up at 3 (which is pretty normal) then I just turned the fan on in my room and I couldn't hear her. You would think with her being the 4th that I would have figured out how to not care and just let her cry MONTHS ago. There are lots of good reasons why that didn't happen, but I won't bore you with my excuses. Needless to say, I am sure that since I almost had it finally worked out that that is why she is now sick with fever. This is not a real sick either. She has no runny nose, no cough, no pulling on ears, nothing. Just a fever to make her super clingy and not sleep good at night. And since I'm such a pushover I don't make her cry it out when she is sick. So I guess I will be back to square one once this is over. Cursed forever. If I ever do get another good nights rest I wonder what it will feel like the next day to have energy! Maybe I will accomplish a lot more. We may never find out though.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I feel for you! I got so lucky with Paige sleeping through the night. I think that Heavenly Father knew that I was gonna need some sleep to cope with having 3 otherwise I might go nuts. Just keep trying, I had to do the crying it out thing with the other two and I know it is no fun. Eventually it will work! Tough Love!

Suzette said...

I also had to let Averie cry it out at about 11 months. Prior to that, she was waking up like a newborn! It was the hardest thing, but I believe well worth it because she has been an amazing sleeper ever since and just recently stopped taking 2 1/2 hour naps! It worked for her, but I know every child is different. My second was a good sleeper from the beginning. Some kids just need a little push. It's true, once they have it figured out, then they are sick or teething and it seems like you have to start over. Keep up the great work! :)

Rebecca said...

Hey there! I stumbled on to your blog.. I'm sorry that your little one is torturing you! I hope that she feels better soon.

Marcie Tess said...

Don't be to hard on yourself. I could never let Liam cry it out. I tried but then I was almost crying. Finally, now he sleeps through the night. I miss the late night cuddles but love a good night rest (more). I also never figured it out, but things just ended up working out.

Mary Perriton said...

Unfortunately, if she did sleep all night, you would probably wake up alarmed and get up to check on her to make sure she was okay! Also, unfortunately, by the time all your kids quit waking up in the middle of the night for one reason or another, hot flashes will be waking you up! haha. Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

Wow, we're in the same boat. The last 2 nights I've had no sleep. Benson is teething again and has a mini cold. We were getting so close to full nights of rest. He was only waking once for a bottle and a diaper change. People keep telling me he'll just eventually get over it. I pray for that day!