Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Thursday Thought

This morning my goal was to renew my drivers license. It expired almost 5 months ago. I found out it expired because I took a flight back in May and it wasn't current. I mean who actually looks at the expiration date on a DL? I figured I had a good few years left at least. I mean I have never lived in a state long enough to require getting a renewal. Usually I have moved and it is part of the moving process. Needless to say I was NOT looking forward to the SUPER LOOOONG lines at the DMV. So I picked a day I knew I would only have one kid with me and went out this morning. So I get there and wait about 25 minutes to see 3 people get helped. I had approx. 15 more people in front of me and knew there was no way I was getting out of there in 45 minutes. Why 45 minutes you ask? I had to pick up Luke from preschool in 45 minutes. So I decided to leave and get something accomplished instead. I went to wal-mart and picked up some much needed fish food for Ethen and new undies for Luke. After picking up Luke I went online to see if maybe I could do something about the form there. And wouldn't you know it, a new online system allows for renewals ONLINE!!!!!!! You can only do this every other renewal but since my last one was in person I qualified! Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! SO that is done and I could have done it months ago instead of trying to figure out a way to wait in line with toddlers. My Thursday has turned out super :) In fact I have been having a lucky week :) This feels nice.

8 comments:

becki said...

go buy a lottery ticket NOW!!
glad the internet has made your life easier-i got mine and my hubbies online too with our new mailing address! just LOVELY!

Amanda said...

I hate the DMV. People usually just stare at me with all the kids and my kids always run around and yell like they are crazy or something. Glad to hear about the online thing. And that reminds me to check my DL for the expiration date. :)

Mary Perriton said...

I'm so glad you are so VERY lucky! I'm lucky, too to have you for a daughter! Love, Mom

Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...

Mom, you are probably the nicest person ever! Sweet Thursday! So does that mean you get to keep your last photo? I'm always scared to renew cause it's always a gamble what the photo is going to turn out like. Even without toddlers climbing all over you!

mamapickle said...

yes, you keep your last picture. Mine isn't too bad so I awas happy to keep it :)

Unknown said...

Did you survive the Hurricane? I thought about you and your family all weekend. Hope you are safe and sound.

Wendy said...

That is good to know, I have the most horrible experiences at the DMV. When I had to get my Texas license I think I went there 3 different times because there was some issue with my forms- urgh! Now I know that next time I can save myself the trouble.

hoLLy said...

i just had to renew mine and did it online too. the internet is HEAVEN SENT!