Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy Day Activity

With hurricane Ike on the prowl in TX everything was cancelled today. Even though we are not on the coast we were still expecting a pretty big storm from him. He ended up heading more east as we just got rain most of the day without too much wind. In fact it wasn't really even a storm for us, so that was good. Since we were inside most of the day with the kids they got pretty antsy. So I got out the salad spinner paints and we had a little fun. The kids love this activity. Probably because we don't do it all that often, so it seems special.

All you need is a cheap salad spinner and something to catch the drips underneath



some paint and paper plates


and the final works of art! TADAA!!

7 comments:

the Kargis Family said...

So clever. Where do you put the paper plate? Hope all is well with the storm.

Here's something for you to do, I tag you, see my blog for details.

Mary Perriton said...

I think I've seen real plates like those for sale somewhere!You could market those designs! Glad you got bypassed by the storm and didn't have to worry about your new little tree being taken out. Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Was a little worried. Happy that you were able to be artsy instead of cleaning debrise. Cool art. I may try that with my kids.

-Melissa- said...

Can't wait to try this with my boys. I know Dax will love it.

mamapickle said...

just cut the paper plate to fit snug in the spinner. You could use construction paper too.

hoLLy said...

really cool idea nicole! aubrey told me about you using the salad spinner at phoebe's party and i was like, whoa, that is clever!

Reisdorfer Ramblings said...

love it, love it! you just gave me my class activity for my beehives tomorrow night!