Monday, May 12, 2008

Miami Trip of Relaxation

I just spent a long weekend in Miami with my friend Gina. We needed a vacation from our lives and it was sooooo great. We slept in, ate amazing food, and saw things we had never seen before. If you like to people watch like I do then Miami is a place I highly recommend. There was so much diversity there. Tons of different languages spoken and so much to take in all the time. The beach is beautiful and the water is so clear and the most gorgeous green. We got whistled at by the man driving the Brinks truck (that didn't really make us feel too good) but hey at this point in life it is nice to know that anyone is still looking! We actually witnessed a valet taking a car on a joy ride (can you say Ferris Bueller). Saw a little girl,probably about 6 years old, in a thong bikini. Saw lots of beautiful people and way too many people in bathing suits they shouldn't have been trying to get away with. It was such a great weekend! Scott was so great and took Friday off to stay home with the kids, and I owe Katie BIG time for taking me to the airport and taking my 2 little ones for half of Thursday. I feel so much better after getting some me time and soaking in the humidity,sun,sand, and surf!!!!

3 comments:

hoLLy said...

a 6 year old in a thong! yikesy.

Phil and Tiff said...

Sounds like it was the BEST Mother's Day weekend EVER!!!! Quite heavenly actually. Glad you had a great time. We saw a little girl in Jamaica who every day was topless but had all the other accessories to go with her bikini bottoms (all that is but the top).

Summer said...

How fun! I'm a little jealous, but my Miami day will come, I'm sure of it. Glad you had such a fun trip! Something every mom deserves.