Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our visitor

My little brother, John, came into town this last weekend and spent a few days with us. I must say that I just LOVED having him here. He is so great with the kids and they totally adore him. He would just keep playing with all of them and gave them so much attention. I don't get to see very much of my family since they are spread out ALL over the world right now, so it was really great to have him here. And I also just loved having him here to talk with. We are definately from the same blood, because we can talk about any subject. He is so happy and smiling and it was fun to have a college kid around to make me feel like I am still his age :) Actually it was kinda funny to have him here with my kids. It felt like we were hanging out at our house and I shouldn't have any kids. I even reverted to calling my boys by going through the list of brothers names. Ya know, instead of Ethen and Luke I was starting to say John, James, Nathan, I mean Ethen. That made us laugh because I did it more than once. Funny how that can just come back so easliy. Our first thing was to put him to work helping us in the yard digging a new trench and putting out the mulch. (yes, you don't have to tell me that it is super dumb to mulch in JULY, but at least we got around to it)

Phoebe found this huge earthworm and all the kids had to take a turn holding it.

On another day we all went out to watch Phoebe rock at her swim meet. She got 3 1st and 1 2nd place.

To reward John for all the hard work we took him up to the Lake on a Tue. evening to do a little of this

and get sore doing this

It was a blast!

8 comments:

Mary Perriton said...

This post "makes me sooo happy"! I love that you had some good bonding time with your brother.
I love Phoebe's perfect form!

Jeni said...

John IS a great uncle and he's going to be an incredible dad! I'm so envious of the fun week you all had without us!

hoLLy said...

he looks like a fun brother and uncle! isn't it fun to have family visit? well, most of the time:)

Sarah said...

how fun that you guys are so close! uncles and aunties can be some of the best playmates for kids, i think.

Nate P said...

That's some pretty good pop John got there. too bad he didn't land it. What's the deal with "daddys little princess"?

mamapickle said...

what are you the coach of anyway? and what do you mean by daddys little princess?

Mommymita said...

Johnny's so grown up! I still rember him as a little boy running around with Bina at the Farm.

Isn't it great to have siblings around!

Emily said...

You guys do the coolest lake stuff! We need a boat.