Monday, July 14, 2008

Stitches

Today we were supposed to be at Phoebe's championship swim meet, but her swim career has been cut short due to an accident on the boat on Sat. She split open her chin and we had to take her to get stitches (her 1st). She is so upset about not being able to swim in the final meet. I really think she had a great chance of qualifying for All-Stars too. It was a bad week for this to happen, but oh well. Maybe next year. She was very brave at the dr. through it all and for some reason was very pleased that the stitches are blue. At least it is on the bottom side of her chin and if there is a scar it won't be very noticable there.

5 comments:

Mary Perriton said...

Oh, dear Phoebe, sorry that happened. Keep that bandaid on for a long time, to protect it from the sun more than anything else! Love, Nana

Wendy said...

Hey, now Addy and Pheobe have matching scars!

-Melissa- said...

Poor Phoebe! Can you believe I have never had stitches?!! I bet go knock on some wood right now! :)

Emily said...

OUCH! I know all too much about stitches. I had to have 32 of them to get my face back to what it should be after a bad car accident. (can you tell??) If you are worried about a scar, you can buy simple Vitamin E tablets, prick one with a pin and rub the oil on it nightly. Those scar ointments STINK, and the oil is not messy at all, just a little sticky! My plastic surgeon told me this trick and I think it worked well!

Katie said...

Poor Phoebe. Another great scar treatment we've found is Biodermis "Epi-Derm." It's this sticky sheeting that you cut and just stick on the scar. Sounds weird, but it's the best stuff we've found in our long search.
http://www.biodermis.com/