Sunday, July 13, 2008

What to do in the summertime

This last week we went to feed the ducks at the lake. I saved the old bread ends that no one eats except for me. The kids had a great time throwing bread, chasing ducks and birds, and finding feathers.






On another day we went to our downtown square and stopped at a cute bakery there and I let the kids get cake and cookies filled with frosting. I didn't tell them where we were going beforehand and they were so happy when we got there and were able to pick out a sweet treat.

7 comments:

becki said...

are you following me? I should just call you whenever I go somewhere and we can just go together-save on gas! did you get the cake/cookie at the cake stand? looks yummy!
thanks for all the comments today-no church??!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom! I used to do fun things like that when the older boys were young. I think Coop and Em have gotten cheated on doing that kind of stuff since now we are busy doing "teen-age things". I'm glad you're enjoying this time with the kiddos they grow up too fast!

Emily says to say Hi to Phoebe - she loves looking at her pictures!

-Melissa- said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. It is amazing how feeding the ducks can entertain all ages of kids.

Katie said...

Love the photos. Looks like a great day. Cookies filled with frosting! How could life get any better. I think I'm going to have to head out there tomorrow.

Mary Perriton said...

Cute, cute pictures. What beautiful grandchildren I have! Love, Mom

Emily said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, those bakery treats look yum.

Don't chase those geese, they chase you back and then poop on you.

I just know that because we had a bad experience.

It was bad.

My kids refuse to go to Towne Lake anymore.

It was that bad.

I had to bleach my white pants.

Jennalee said...

ducks in the pond quack a happy song...:)
lots of fun! hope to see you tomorrow at the mom and me