Thursday, April 2, 2009

Daedunsan Mountain


On the day we went up to Daedunsan Mountain it was windy and freezing. The tram to take us halfway up was only running one more time because there were high winds coming and the ticket lady tried to talk us out of going up with the little kids. We took the last ride up anyway and decided that we could hike all the way down. It was so beautiful even though the sky was a bit foggy. Phoebe was uncertain about crossing the bridge spanning between two cliffs, but with a little prodding she made it. With the wind blowing so strong the bridges were a little shaky. Scott hauled either Paisley or Luke for most of the time and made it down with ease. Ethen was like a mountain goat and bounded up and down the rocks like it was nothing. Even Luke hiked most of the time all by himself. My dad, Scott, Ethen and Luke all took the high bridge up to another peak. It was a little too steep to carry a sleeping baby up. Paisley fell asleep and we took turns carrying her, like a sack of potatoes, up and down the mountain. She didn't wake up till we were almost to the bottom. There are rock-type steps going almost the entire way down the mountain and it was an intense workout. By the time I reached the bottom my legs were already rubbery. As we got to the car it just started to drizzle so we had made perfect timing.






5 comments:

Amanda said...

Not for the faint of heart. Looks fun and I love Paisley over Scott's shoulder. I have a feeling we will be doing a lot of carrying at Disney world. I'll just think of it as a work out. Good thing they are little.

Unknown said...

I am sick to my stomach just thinking about how high you were. It looks like you had such a great time. The kids will remember this trip forever. It's exciting that you were able to visit your parents. I remember how wonderful they are.

Summer said...

I think I wouldv'e been with Phoebe on that one...that bridge looks suspiciously narrow to me. But the pics are so pretty!

hoLLy said...

dang you guys are all brave!!! i would've peed my pants just looking at that mountain! :) it looks GORGEOUS though. you guys are fun fun parents!

the 4 of us said...

All the pictures are beautiful. I am falling in love with Korea!